Thursday, December 17, 2009

What are everyday situations in which you might use decimal numbers?

Money, gas, cooking, adding portions, measureing fabric or wood of some sort.......stuff like thatWhat are everyday situations in which you might use decimal numbers?
I'm an engineer - I use decimal numbers every time I check a drawing, program a machine, build a bill of materials, calculate machine speeds and feeds.





And I use them in my home life any time I follow a pattern for a costume, give someone change, work out how many dollars there are to the pound, check stocks, etc.What are everyday situations in which you might use decimal numbers?
anytime you spend money, get gas, or cook.
Totaling amount of money spent at the store.
Any time you balance your check book,finances always involve decimals.
Making purchases (money handling).

No comments:

Post a Comment