Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Say I have a lottery ticket, and I uncover the numbers one at a time?

Say I match two of the numbers by uncovering two, but the rest of the numbers remain covered and unknown to me. At this point in time, from my perspective, my odds of winning have increased dramatically. But the ticket is either a winner or it's not. It's already been printed.





What do you make of this situation, perhaps from a statistical perspective or from a philisophical perspective.? And then, just from your gut feeling? Is this kind of like Schrodinger's cat? How do I resolve statistics from reality here?Say I have a lottery ticket, and I uncover the numbers one at a time?
Its a gamblers fallacy. The idea that the past events do or dont influence outcome.





An appeal to fate, to mysticism?Say I have a lottery ticket, and I uncover the numbers one at a time?
You have entered the pinnacle of realization versus happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment