Thursday, December 17, 2009

Can seven-digit phone numbers start with a zero?

I got a call from an old friend, and when I first picked up, I thought their phone number started with an 8, but then when I went back to look in my received calls to enter the number into my phone's address book, my phone said the first digit of my friend's phone number was a zero. This didn't seem right to me...can seven-digit phone numbers even start with a zero? Please help, I really want to make sure that this number is correct.Can seven-digit phone numbers start with a zero?
No, if you press zero, you get the operator before you dial the other numbers.


This might be different in a company's internal phone system.





We used to have phonetics for the numbers, and they could start with the letter ';O';, which is a six.





If it is a 10 digit number, the prefix can start with a zero, because the first number pressed is not a zero.Can seven-digit phone numbers start with a zero?
Your story's really wierd. I have never heard of a phone number starting with a zero. I always thought that it was impossible. Myabe you should call back the number and ask your friend if his number actually starts with a zero.











*that's weird*
Call it...but to my knowledge, no they can't. Ask your cell phone provider as well.
Yes it is possible if you are calling from a computer, like skype or some other voip service. Computer generated calls usually put some bogus number in the caller id. You cannot return calls to these numbers. For example when I use skype, the caller ID says (000) 012-3456
not in america, no. something weird is going on. he may have called you from another country.
yes it can mine does
I don't think a 7 digit phone number could start with a zero. But calls from skype or any other internet phone could start with a 0 but some internet phones aren't 7 digits because when I call from skype the phone number has more then 7 digits. So I don't know what to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment